And lastly, a healthy summer eggplant recipe (from shape magazine a couple years ago) that is SO good:
|Found in Shape magazine|
Eggplant Caprese with Tomato and Basil
- 1 med eggplant
- 2 tomatoes
- 2T olive oil
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella (unsalted)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice eggplant and tomatoes crosswise (see picture).
- Place eggplant on baking sheet and brush with olive oil, then bake for 20 min (turn over and brush with more oil after 10 min) at 425 degrees.
- Next, top cooked eggplant with a tomato slice, basil leaf, slice of mozzarella, a tomato slice, another slice of mozzarella, a basil leaf, and top with a cooked slice of eggplant. Repeat 3 more times to create a total of 4 stacks.
- Place stacks into oven for about 5 min to melt the cheese.