Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Halloween Party Theme: Candy Corn

I cannot wait for Halloween!  I know, I know, it is more than a month away, but I cannot help thinking about how my boyfriend and I are going to decorate the house and about our annual Halloween House-Party.  This year I think I want to have a Candy Corn themed party.  This was pretty much a "no brainer" for me because  candy corn is one of my favorite candies, and because making the theme cohesive should be easy and cheap to do with crafts and with the Halloween decorations we already have.  I started researching by getting magazines from the store, and going to the library to check out a couple books.  (Oh, and your local library is also a great place to get Halloween music soundtracks to set the mood for your party, too.) Here are some fun ideas I found : 
Halloween Candy Corn Food Display from Halloween Tricks & Treats Magazine 2011.
Halloween Food (top left to bottom right): Pick-up-and-go Popcorn from Halloween Tricks & Treats Magazine 2011; Candy Corn Crackers from Better Homes & Gardens: Best of Halloween, p. 150; Monster Mouths from Better Homes & Gardens: Best of Halloween, p. 85; and Cookie Kernels from Halloween Tricks & Treats Magazine 2011.
Candy Corn Drinks from Matthew Mead's Monster Book of Halloween 2009, p. 93.
Outdoor Decor (left to right): Pumpkin Cemetery from Martha Stewart Halloween Magazine 2011 (Aren't the "X" eyes cute?!!!...);  and Candy Corn Spray Painted pumpkins from Halloween Tricks & Treats Magazine 2011.
Indoor Decor: Candles I found at my local Goodwill store; Fireplace flags from from Halloween Tricks & Treats Magazine 2011; Black spray painted empty wine/liquor bottles to put carrots or candles in the top from Martha Stewart Halloween Magazine 2011.
Ok, so I know this doesn't tie in with the whole "candy corn" theme, but these mini Baileys Irish Cream bottles are really good and pretty cheap party favor idea.  Mini Baileys Irish Cream bottles with tags from Halloween Tricks & Treats Magazine 2011.  Ps. You might want to write a warning on the tag to "Not drink until home!"




Again, I know it's not Candy Corn Themed, but our friends are usually up really late and then crash at our house, so this invite is only suiting. hahaha  Night-Owl Invitations from Martha Stewart Halloween Magazine 2011.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...