Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Daily "Diet"

Everyone always wants to know what I eat.  I don't diet, but I do watch my portions and try to eat healthy.  So, below I decided to blog about my daily food intake along with my reasoning for some of it.  I've included pictures to show the food and portions.  First, I always try to eat breakfast because it helps rev-up my metabolism. 

For lunch I try to stick to salads and sometimes I eat a small handful of chips on the side.  But it's always with a diet coke. I know diet coke isn't good for you, but I just can't help it.  I usually limit myself to one a day; but I never, ever drink regular soda--EVER!


Anyways, for dinner I limit myself to only one plate (no seconds) & I try to fill up my plate with lots of veggies.  Here for dinner, I had a chicken stir-fry lettuce wrap.   Lettuce stuffed with lots of veggies, a little bit of sauce, and some chicken, topped with wonton noodles. It was delicious!


For dessert, because I have a real problem with finishing my eatting for the day with something sweet, I'll try to eat a fruit bar, fruit, or something healthy....ice cream counts, right?...lol j/k.


Lastly, I try not to snack, and if I do I try to only eat veggies or fruit; and I try to drink 9 cups of water a day (not only is it good for your complexion, but it also flushes out the toxins).  Also, if I am out somewhere where there's tons of good food, I'll take small "dollops" of only the food that looks like I "can't live with out trying it" and only eat one or two bites of each.

I'm not an expert, but after years of exercising and swimming for a NCAA D1 university, I know what my body needs.  Everyone's body is different though & you should listen to yours to figure out exactly what and how much you need. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...